You Are My All

When I felt really torn, not sure of what I needed,

To the right and left I turned,

And yet I never found it.

Then I heard a still small voice, saying,

"Come, I have what you need."

So then I struggled, and made the choice

To follow You, wherever You would lead,

So now...

When I don't know what to do,

I will turn to You.

You're the answer I'm looking for,

You are my Lord.

And when I don't know where to turn,

I still know what I've learned,

That You are my strength, my comfort,

My song,

You are my all...

Monday, March 18, 2019

Superman

Last night before I fell asleep, I prayed, "God, what is wrong with me?! After all I know, how can I feel this way? I'm feeling stupid, so I pray, what do You say?" Why am I drawn to this net? What would I get out of this? A swirl of emotions of joy and pain, returning to the cycle I grew up in. Sure, it would change its form, for me it would hold a new charm. The issues I've had in my life so far would seem to be replaced, but only in a way. For that I would jump in, but I can't, because
(CHORUS: I don't need any Superman, it's just a part of the devil's plan to send someone in to save my day, besides my Jesus, and no, I say.)
This morning I prayed again, "Lord, show me the root of my sin," and later remembered I'd had a dream. And I know what it means, so I'll tell you. I dreamed that I saw a display of Superman and Lois Lane. I started to read that comic strip, but soon we had to go. And still I didn't know what would happen next - but who cares? because (chorus) I walked out the library door with a book I'd paid two dollars for: bought into a false reality, just like the comic book I took home. I looked at the book in my bag: I think of the life I would have. But how could I pay for this piece of junk?! If that's the way I feel, I tell myself, "Get real." Oh God, what do I do? I'm taking it back, because (chorus) I never was planning to read that whole stupid Superman thing, just finish the story I had begun; continue my mistake where I left off.... So if I should go that route, I'll get a proud man, no doubt, just like he always would save the day. And he would be the one having all the fun, pretending to love me when he got back, but no (chorus) I thought about this some more, I've been talking with my Lord. And thinking the way I always have won't get me anywhere worth going. I started to laugh at the thought, and I have been laughing a lot. Hilarious concept for me to grasp - that I'm too weak to stand, and that's why I need a man? With all God's gotten me through, could that be true? --No! (chorus) Because He's all I need, and all in all to me. I don't need a man, when I'm strong enough to stand. Christ in me has made me strong, and I know I, I can go on. And no, I don't want any Superman to pull me into the devil's plan, to swoop into my life and carry me away, away from Jesus? No, I say. And I don't have time for that anyway, and with my Savior I'm okay.