You Are My All

When I felt really torn, not sure of what I needed,

To the right and left I turned,

And yet I never found it.

Then I heard a still small voice, saying,

"Come, I have what you need."

So then I struggled, and made the choice

To follow You, wherever You would lead,

So now...

When I don't know what to do,

I will turn to You.

You're the answer I'm looking for,

You are my Lord.

And when I don't know where to turn,

I still know what I've learned,

That You are my strength, my comfort,

My song,

You are my all...

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Lord, How Long?

Verse 1:
Lord, how long can this go on, family life as it is?
Our love is waxing so cold; so much is going wrong.
            We reach out our hands outside our homes,
Because we think our family’s to blame.
And we forget our own faults, or just don’t see them,
And then we wonder why we’re still ashamed. Lord, we need a change.
Help us come to right relation, make the wrong things right.
May we have a strong connection, turn our darkness into light.

Verse 2:
Lord, how long can this go on, this professed church we’re in?
We do such great works on the outside, but won’t let You work within.
            We reach out our hands outside our homes,
            As we show our family is not
            Our first priority, and not important,
            And then we wonder why things are not right. Lord, You must change our lives.
If we’re going to help the world, then it’s YOU they must see.
We must live by Your example with our own family.

Verse 3:
Lord, how long can this go on, this world as it is?
We would just destroy ourselves, if You didn’t come back soon.
            We reach out our hands outside our homes,
            Because we think what matters most is fun.
            That’s part of why our families are broken,
            And then we wonder why the world’s so messed up. Now’s the time to look up.
Help us put first things first, and to look in the mirror.
And instead of blaming others, the golden rule adhere.

ENDING:
Lord, how long can I refuse to let go
Of the things that, by Your grace, I know
Are not the things that would be best down the road.
Lord, take it all, and no matter what others do,
I still have light to live up to.
I can’t cast on them all the blame, and just wait for them to change;
Lord, I must do my part for You.
It’s Your will I must do. Lord, I trust You will lead me through.