You Are My All

When I felt really torn, not sure of what I needed,

To the right and left I turned,

And yet I never found it.

Then I heard a still small voice, saying,

"Come, I have what you need."

So then I struggled, and made the choice

To follow You, wherever You would lead,

So now...

When I don't know what to do,

I will turn to You.

You're the answer I'm looking for,

You are my Lord.

And when I don't know where to turn,

I still know what I've learned,

That You are my strength, my comfort,

My song,

You are my all...

Monday, March 18, 2019

Happily Ever After

Once upon a time, there was a kingdom.
Some subjects were true-hearted, courageous, and humble.
But there were some who were proud, presumptuous, and vain.
So listen to this story to help you see the right way.
     Princess Pretty sat by a mirror, wondering when her prince would appear. She put on a fancy dress, to look her very best for the one who would save her from her troubles.
     Far, far away rode Prince Handsome on his handsome horse, to find and to save a pretty princess. His armor was shining, his countenance beaming in proud expectation of winning her heart. One day he came to a fast-flowing river. His horse could not jump it, and he would not swim. So he looked all around for something else to do, and lo and behold, he saw Princess Vanity.
     Princess Pretty sat in her room, thinking of her sorrow and doom. She dreamed that a charming man would come and take her hand. Surely he would save her from her troubles.
     Far, far away rode Prince Charming on his charming horse, to find and to save a pretty princess. His armor was shining, his countenance beaming in proud expectation of winning her heart. Soon Charming came to the fast-flowing river. He jumped off his horse and he ventured to swim. Gasping for breath, he came to the other side, and went on his way to save Princess Pretty.
     Princess Pretty could take it no more, so it's a good thing he came to her door. There wasn't much to say; they married right away. Then they lived happily ever after.
     Or did they?
     A strong young woman read a letter sent from the King of kings. The letter was urgent for her to come quickly, with no time to pack her things. She could not stay; she knelt to pray and then set out on her way. She knew not what His purpose was, but she trusted in His plan. She knew her path would not be easy as she learned to be a daughter of God. But she knew till the end of her journey, He would keep leading her on.
     One humble young man embarked on a journey in accordance with the King’s command. He set out on foot with a heart full of prayer on a quest for the heavenly land. Along the way, he met many in need. Their hungry souls he did faithfully feed. His purpose in life was to follow God’s plan, and to fulfill his duty toward God and man. As he learned to be a son of God, he braved scorn and pain from enemy and friend. He took all the armor, and by faith in Jesus, beyond the journey he saw the glorious end.
     Bravely they journeyed, the two on their own separate paths as God led them along. Nothing could stop them as they journeyed higher and higher with Christ as their Guide.
Maybe their paths did cross.
Maybe they did not.
But because they followed God,
They each did truly live happily ever after.