You Are My All

When I felt really torn, not sure of what I needed,

To the right and left I turned,

And yet I never found it.

Then I heard a still small voice, saying,

"Come, I have what you need."

So then I struggled, and made the choice

To follow You, wherever You would lead,

So now...

When I don't know what to do,

I will turn to You.

You're the answer I'm looking for,

You are my Lord.

And when I don't know where to turn,

I still know what I've learned,

That You are my strength, my comfort,

My song,

You are my all...

Sunday, March 10, 2019

The Truth Will Make You Free

Somehow I wondered why I was depressed.
So I struggled with darkness in my endless quest
To get somewhere in my life.
Others' opinions were placed above mine.
I have been cast down time after time.
So I learned to believe the lies.
And no matter how hard I tried,
I could never be truly me without being seen as wrong.
I do have a mind of my own,
And I'm walking away from your throne.
I will not stand for this.
I am not supporting bitterness.
You will not see me on the floor -
Not anymore.
My words are not heard; I am ignorant.
I have not my own thoughts; I've been influenced -
That's what I have been told.
Because you insisted, it all became true:
I lost my opinions - when around you.
And with others who heard your side,
I was quiet and felt denied.
My true self had to hide, and I had no right to speak or to be involved.
You cannot have control anymore.
I am not just a roach on the floor.
I have been in a monster's house,
And the gloom has filled my soul with doubts.
I will not bow down to the roar -
Not anymore.
Others you say I do not tolerate,
Yet you condemn me for my chosen way.
Can you have tolerance?
False accusations are common to me.
The things you say I do, you do to me.
And I realize now this is wrong,
And I know this cannot go on
Without being the cause of eternal loss, for my soul and for your own.
You have blinded yourself to the truth.
My submission was not helping you.
I have set my face like a flint:
I do not support delusions.
There is a better way than this,
And now I see:
I am free...
Free...
I have found reality,
In a place where we can be free.
Come and join me -
The truth will make you free.