You Are My All

When I felt really torn, not sure of what I needed,

To the right and left I turned,

And yet I never found it.

Then I heard a still small voice, saying,

"Come, I have what you need."

So then I struggled, and made the choice

To follow You, wherever You would lead,

So now...

When I don't know what to do,

I will turn to You.

You're the answer I'm looking for,

You are my Lord.

And when I don't know where to turn,

I still know what I've learned,

That You are my strength, my comfort,

My song,

You are my all...

Monday, March 18, 2019

The Two Crowns

Earthly companions nowhere I see, no human hand to strengthen me. Jesus I follow, trudging along; I must move on, I must be strong! And I know that I will get there, because I know that You are leading me, and I know that You have been this way before me. So though I feel so far from home, I look to You - what can I say? For it is by Your grace alone that I am standing here today.
     Feeling so restless, fighting inside - sometimes I want to run and hide! But I have no reason to turn around. I can't give in or be held down. For I started on this journey knowing well it would not be easy, but I'm here because I choose my Father's calling. So when my heart begins to doubt, I look to You - what can I say? For since before I did set out, You've been my Savior all the way.
     No earthly tie must hinder me now - I have one thought: obtain the crown. This is my purpose, my only goal. I'll fight for it with all my soul! For the Lord is my desire. Nothing else can give me lasting joy. So I choose the One who satisfies my longings. If I must choose between the crowns, I look to You - what can I say? If it is up to me right now, I'll cast the earthly crown away!
     Honors or riches, lover or friend, will gain You nothing in the end. Each earthly promise of joy and bliss conceals a snare of emptiness. So be wise as serpents, harmless as doves, sent like sheep among the wolves.... With so many snares to destroy your soul, your only safety is to stay on the goal. We have nothing to lose but earth's misery, so I'll gain that heavenly crown - if it kills me....